PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 7, 2013

a colorful home tour with Mary...

My sweet friend Mary was nice enough to let me snap some photos of her beautiful home a few weeks ago. She has put so much thought, time and COLOR into each and every room; it's simply amazing! She, and her husband Craig, have created such a fun space for their four children (and all the neighborhood kids who love to hang out at their play pad...I wonder why?! ha)

They've transformed one of the stair cases into a slide, created a "secret passage way" in one of their closets; added a swing right in the middle of their family room and made their dining room one huge, fantastic play area! I mean talk about thinking outside of the box.

One of my favorite things Mary has done throughout her home is added spritzes of color everywhere. From eclectic wallpaper in the most unexpected places, & cheery fabric for window treatments...to painting her office chair neon green and reupholstering a love seat with geometric fabric using a hot glue gun!

She makes me feel like if I wanted to put a bath tub in my entry way, shoot, it would be ay-okay. It's quite refreshing to be in a home where you feel like anything is possible!

So, if you're scared to add a bit of color to your decor...just take a peek at these photos and you'll realize there is no need to be afraid!

Thanks Mary for letting me crash your casa for a bit :-).
family room
Cozy and I had a go on the swing for a bit (...just couldn't resist)
kitchen
laundry room
play room (originally dining room)
craft room
man cave
a cheery closet and fun hallway nook
this is the love seat Mary reupholstered with hot glue!? It think the pup approves :-)
upstairs bonus room area
boy #1 room
 boy #2 room
 Mary said, "he chose the curtain fabric". I love that she let him choose it!
 the twins room
upstairs hallway:::art nook

Pin It

33 comments:

  1. Holy moley! I love everything about that house -- especially the craft room! Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is so beautiful. That staircase is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that house is AMAZING!! love all the color and the SLIDE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-mazed!! Like blown away! It's like a kid wonderland fun for all ages!! Totally inspired! When can I come over to play?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is absolutely one of the coolest most beautiful bright looking house I have ever seen!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well crap. Every detail is so well planned and perfect- <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary is a genius! I hope she does this for a living, becauase if not, she's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aarean. These pics turned out so great and i will treasure them. You captured our life and made it look much cleaner than it is. :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary! I am head over heels in love with your powder room. Where did you find that wallpaper??? rendyloo@gmail.com

      Delete
  9. Love everything about this house! So cheerful! Just wondering what the color names are in the kitchen, the turqoise and grey. And is the grey in the kitchen the same as in the hallways and family room? Great job, Mary! Very inspiring. :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would DEFINITELY live in this house. I loved absolutely everything in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fellow colour lover so I really enjoyed this! That sewing room...drooling! All that natural light is one thing mine is sorely lacking in, though I'm also in SoCal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any chance you could let us know the maker of the bird &cloud wall paper in the bathroom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's from anthropologie! Isn't it amazing!

      Delete
    2. Leah, it's Julia Rothman for Hygge & West: http://www.hyggeandwest.com/products/daydream-sunshine

      Delete
  13. What a fun house that would be to grow up in. A slide in the foyer, and a swing in the living room--what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel bad but this is a cheery idea gone horribly wrong, very amateurish and bizarre in its execution. What a shame these germs of ideas weren't given over to a professional designer. It's just painful to look at this. Again, I'm sorry for the criticism but this is honestly awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is great that Mary designed her house how she wanted it, and not how some dusty book says it should be. The house comes across as a playground and nurturing environment for her kids...in my opinion that is what a home is all about. Kudos to Mary for thinking outside the box. She is way ahead of her time!

      Delete
    2. Dana, I totally agree...she did a beautiful job making her house a cheery and uplifting home.

      Delete
  15. What a coincidence! I happened upon your blog and this post and as I was scrolling (and drooling), I stopped at the photo of the teepee and my jaw dropped. Mary has TWO of my friend, Rebecca Peragine's prints on her wall! The "Days are long" and USA travel map are from www.childreninspiredesign.com. I work with Rebecca at her new studio, Kindred Work +Shop in Temecula, CA. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a small world! I love those prints! I actually grew up in Murrieta (so right there by the studio!) I should come stop by the shop one of these days!

      Delete
  16. Oh my goodness, what a stunning home and I want a swing now too:) Happy weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wondering where the tent is from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She found it on etsy.com there are a ton of little small businesses that sale them on that site!

      Delete
  18. Wow..
    What a beautiful house. Very nice and warm.
    Please let me in, hehe..

    Music Tee

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely loving the place. Very colorful home you have. That looks really lovely. Well done, you did a wonderful job building a place like this! :)

    http://www.primerealestateph.com/properties/capitol-commons-by-ortigas-co/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Any idea where the teepee is from? Been looking for one that size for my son's room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she got it on etsy...not sure which shop but there are a ton on etsy that sale cute teepees like this!

      Delete