PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 16, 2013

Baby Girls Bedroom Part 1

My little Cozy's nursery is pretty much done. With my first baby, I wanted her nursery to be more "girly". A lot of pinks and frills. But with Cozette's I wanted it to be more cheery, bright and eclectic. 

Thanks to Sherwin-Williams, I was able to find the perfect yellow. I wanted it to be subtle; almost like you took butter and slapped it on the walls. My advice to anyone who wants to paint a room yellow...swatches NEVER do the color justice. If you don't want it to look super yellow...go more for the color swatches that look cream. It will surprise you with how yellow it really is! 

-Paint: Sherwin-Williams Jersey Cream (eggshell for room, semi gloss for bathrooms)
-Light, mirror, rug: Home Goods
-Curtains and white frames: Ikea 
-Prints: Belle and Boo
-Beddding: Land of Nod
-Pouf: Amazon
-Book rack: Pottery Barn Kids
-Changing table handles: World Market

DIY/Thrift store finds:
-gold frame: thrift
-changing table: thrift
-rocking chair: thrift (before and after here)
-crib use to be mine when I was a babe and the rocking horse use to be Josh's, we just painted them white.  
-sewed ribbon and poufs onto the curtains, and added blackout material to the back
-the "cozette" banner I made from burlap sacks and tied them together with the sack string



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh so warm and glow-y. I love the idea of slapping butter on the walls. This is just about the color I wanted for my daughter's nursery in Italy, but my landlady misunderstood and painted it neon yellow. I said, "No, no, signora," and made them paint it back to white. Next house, next time!

    beccagarber.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I friggin' love it. The light fixture is my most favorite thing. Get it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo i like the paint color! looks really soft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room is so beautiful! I love the wall color

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...