PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Valentines Day Kool-Aid Candy Button Hearts

Okay you guys, one of my favorite holidays is just around the corner. How is that possible?! I know, I know...I asked myself the same thing.

So I thought I'd share a little DIY tutorial on these candy button hearts...it's a twist on a favorite childhood candy of mine, candy buttons (except these ones are made with Kool-Aid powder, and they have way more flavor then the original button candies)

This would be such a cute idea to give out as Valentines for your kids class, or to your very own friends...I mean lets be honest the possibilities are endless haha.

What you need:
-- powder sugar
-- Kool-Aid powder packets (I bought four different flavors)
-- egg (use only egg white)
-- wax paper
-- small ziploc bags

Directions:
Cut your wax paper in about 2-3 inch strips. Tape it to a white card stock strip the same size. Then, mix egg white and 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar (if it seems runny just add a little more powdered sugar). Divide mixture into the amount of packets you have. I had four so I divided it into four different bowls. Then I added about 1/2 tsp. of kool-aid mixture, stirred it up, and put in ziploc bag. Cut the corner (the tinier the hole the better the hearts come out) and start makin' your hearts on the wax paper!



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a cute Idea. So, Do they harden? Do you need to refrigerate? Thanks for sharing.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, some houses have a commercial site in the US but not in Europe, like Swiss Watches, Baume & Mercier and Omega Watches.Many designers are Hermes Handbags in on one of the hottest trends in accessories: metallics.The Christian Dior replica handbags has been accustomed a brownish makeover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...