Tuesday, October 27, 2015
You're the POME to my GRANATE
such a beautiful part of the country during the Fall! Right before we left all the leaves looked like they were on fire. It's like a breath of fresh air...seeing the leaves change. I came to realize that seasons are sort of my favorite thing ever, which is weird because I didn't really grow up with them. Maybe that is why I love them so much?!
Anyways in the meantime I wanted to post a little something. We got back to California just for a bit, to spend Halloween with family, then we make our trek to our final "spot". My parents had a huge Tupperware of pomegranate seeds from their tree. I sat and ate about three bowl fulls. Since this pregnancy (oh you didn't know? Yes, we are pregnant with baby girl #3!! I announced it on my instagram...we are just so excited)! But anyways, more of that later, now back to pomegranates ;-). I crave them! Not sure if it's the texture, the taste, the way they pop in my mouth and are sweet then bitter. But I could eat them all day.
So I rounded up my most favorite things to eat with pomegranate seeds...OH and in case you didn't know (because I didn't until my old pops had to show me) how to seed a pomegranate check out this video.
10 of my favorite pomegranate recipes (some are perfect to try for Thanksgiving!!!)
1. Butternut Kale Pomegranate Pizza (I don't even like Kale so this was a shocker)
2. Pomegranate Cauliflower Feta Fritters (Smitten Kitchen is my go to for anything delicious)
3. Sweet Potato Bake with Pomegranates
4. Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with Pomegranate syrup (so easy and so, so good!)
5. PB&P sandwich (don't judge til you've tried it)
6. Pears with Poms and Goat Cheese (a great little appetizer or snack)
7. Roasted Chicken with Pomegranate Chutney
8. No Bake Chocolate Pomegranate Tart
9. Harvest Salad (I had these at a dinner party last year and haven't stopped craving them since)
10. Muesli with Poms and Almonds (my latest morning obsession)
***if you try any of these let me know how you liked it...or if you have any other good Pomegranate recipes please send them my way! I am always up for a good recipe!