PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Red, White and Blue...

The fourth of July has always been a favorite holiday of mine. When I was little, we would go up to my grandmas (where fireworks were not only allowed but encouraged haha) and we would have a huge celebration. This year we decided to stick around and enjoy the fourth of July festivities here. Our neighborhood does a cute little parade which my kids loved (doesn't take much to please 'em I tell ya).

We then went over and enjoyed a day of swimming and BBQ'ing with family...and we even got to watch a firework show from my in laws backyard; which is always the perfect ending to this special holiday.

Probably more than any year I can remember, this holiday has really struck a chord with me this time around. I am not sure if it's just me getting older (that saying the older you grow the wiser you get...maybe is a true statement?!). Or maybe it's just that my kids are getting older, and watching them grow up has made me truly appreciate everything this country offers.  I am so, so grateful for it.

Here are a few photos of our little fourth of July celebration... chalk full of those iconic USA colors red, white and blue.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. looks so fun and festive! the fourth of july is just the best, don't you think!?

    www.delightfulbybridget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally agree...hands down one of my favorites! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...