PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

White Sand and Blue Skies...

Well hello there! It's been a while since I've blogged. My little family and I decided to take a spontaneous vacation last week and it was a much needed time away from all things obligatory and work related. I am finally getting back in the groove of things...tell me I'm not the only one who has vacation hangover when you get back to real life?!

We met up with my sister in laws and their families at the Gulf Shores in Alabama. Then we spent the last day and a half of the vacation in New Orleans (which I'll post about some time soon...) For now, this post is for all things beach related!

This was the first time Josh and I have taken our girls on an "extended" vacation (aka longer than a weekend) to a completely new place. I was hesitant at first because of the long flight, the unexpected sleeping arrangements and a million other things that only moms think about when thinking about taking their kids on vacation.

But when all was said and done, I am so glad we went! Yes it was a lot of work trekking to and fro with little ones in tote...and Yes, the flight was a bit brutal and LONG, and yes there were some nights where we didn't get much sleep...and yes we ate way too much fried food and my kids ate way too much crap for their own good; but I have to say, the people, the places, the experiences/memories and the time together most definitely outweighed the cons (cons like Sage peeing the hotel bed at 1 in the morning, and beach rashes up the wazoo, and ridiculous humidity that caused my body to sweat 24/7)

So may I just say if and when you get the chance to vacation with your whole fam damily... do it. Whatever it may be...camping, staycationing, sight seeing. Whether it's close or far...cheap or expensive---all that matters is that you're all together with no other distractions!

This beach was so different then ours in So. Cal...the sand was white powder filled with seashells and the water was about 75 degrees. There weren't too many waves and storms would roll in every once in a while...it was awesome.

Here are a few photos from the Gulf Shores. It was hard to narrow it down...which only means that there will be more posts to come, one of which includes one of my favorite restaurants of all time!
^^^not sure what happened here, but apparently she wasn't as amused as I was?!^^^

Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...