PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mi Padres famous salsa...

Whenever we have a family gathering, you can bet your bottom dollar my dad will be whipping up his famous salsa. It's always a hit! He says the secret ingredient is "a whole lotta love" but we all know that's just a way of saying "I have no exact measurements, I just throw in whatever feels right". So I asked him to share his recipe, and to try and give measurements (eventhough he eyeballs it most of the time) this was what he sent to me:
For about a dozen or so people:

- 8 vine ripened tomatoes. Restaurants use Roma because there more structured and don't get mushy.  I mix Roma with another kind that has more taste to it. Slice them top down then cross wise so that the cubes are about 1/4 in. square.  Then lay the T on its side and cut sideways so that the cuts form cubes about size of sugar cube.

- 3 to 4 Avocados - diced

- 1 Halapino pepper - carve seeds out of center.  then I'll either shop it up really fine or mix it up in little blender.

- Pine Nuts - small bag 

- Cilantro - one bundle (chop up fine the leafy tops).  Try to avoid the stems.

- 3 Limes - squeeze the juice out.

- 6 or 7 Pearl Onions - place in mixer and chop up fine

- Salt/Pepper to desired taste.

Mix up without crushing tomatoes and avocados.  

Try this recipe. Trust me...it's delicious!

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious and colorful too.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! I'd probably omit the jalapeno pepper since we like our salsa very mild in our house and I'm always afraid of getting the oil in my eyes somehow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious, I can't wait to try it. http://weecareclinic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMmmmm I think I could live on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! There are few things in life better than homemade salsa!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, I'm pinning this now so I can whip it up when I have a salsa craving (which is like everyday)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...