PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Reupholstering the piano bench...

This was my first attempt to "reupholstering" something...so I thought I'd start with something easy and small. We got this AWESOME piano at a consignment store downtown for $189. I about peed my pants when I saw it just sitting in that old dreary warehouse...I just knew I had to bring him home with me! :-)

I was originally going to repaint the entire piano a high glossy navy blue, but the more I looked at it the more I loved the original wood. So instead I took the bench and added a little pazazz!

I simply wrapped the material around, stapled it, and reattached it to the base. I know it doesn't look perfect, but nobody sees the bottom part right?!

Amazing what a little colorful fabric can do!

BEFORE
 AFTER

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Ooh I love it! Piano lessons time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric! My dad bought my mom a white baby grand for his wedding gift to her (she thought they were doing small gifts and bought him cologne, oops!) All of my siblings and I have taken lessons and even thought nobody really liked them at the time, we've all had opportunities to play (here in Utah, but also in Chile on his mission for my brother and in London on a study abroad for me. Both places didn't have many people who can play). I love the mix of your modern bench and your traditional piano. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaylee, I love everything about this comment! :-) It's amazing what learning a bit of music will do...and p.s. your dads gift...WOW!

      Delete
  3. I love it! i was just on zulily browsing and the have pillows in that same fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it, My Dear. All of it. Cute bench, great piano, lovely chotskies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...