PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 15, 2013

home is where your heart is...

Sometimes I feel like moving can bring out a lot of emotions...sad to move away from your friends that you love, excited to start somewhere new...nervous to see how you and your family adapts to this place you now call home. The first night we slept at our new home, I was putting my two year old down and she said "I want to go to my house..." I told her that this was our new house and she started crying. I felt so bad! I held her and told her how it's the same bed, the same furniture, pillow, just in a new house. She seemed to understand that and she finally slipped off to dreamland.

I sat and thought about that, as I am finally feeling like this new place is finally feeling like our "home". I guess that always takes a bit of time, as you start hanging and rearranging things...as you start feeling more comfortable. Change is always hard, but if there is one thing I have learned in my short time of living it's that change is essential for any kind of growth. I am always up for growth :-). 

Here's a few pics over the last few weeks! (a few are taken before the floors and things were put in...the after pics I'll post once I ya know get my bum into gear)

I just bought some really fun fabric to reupholster my piano bench which I cant wait to share this week! 

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Dora! It's probably my favorite part!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Did y'all build it custom or is it just brand new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The layout I didn't get to choose...so custom build nope...(maybe someday?!) but I did get to choose colors of cabinets and flooring and what not...which was way more than I had hoped for! :-)

      Delete
  3. wheeeere did you find your couches?? they are exactly what i have been looking for! so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we actually had them made by the nicest guy who lives close by me...his shop went out of business last month so we got a great deal. I gave him a pic of one at Pottery Barn that I loved and he tried to copy it! :-)

      Delete
  4. It all looks amazing Aarean! You have such great taste!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...