PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

MUDROOM (my DO's and DON'Ts)

So when we originally built our home we had no idea what we were in for... the time, the effort, the money the energy. I feel like you never will find someone who will say "oh yes, there is absolutely NOTHING I would change about my home" after they build. The reason is, is because once you're in your home and you actually are living in it, you realize that there was or wasn't a need for certain things.

So with that said, the mudroom was a big thing for me and I had a limited amount of space to work with so I needed to make the best of what I had. Here were a few things I knew I wanted:
1. closed lockers to hide all the "stuff"...I went with the philosophy out of sight out of mind
2. a bench to sit on to put on your shoes
3. three hooks inside (one for bag packs, one for a coat and one for misc. like an umbrella or purse, etc.)
4. open space below
5. four lockers (even number just sit better with me) ha.

now that I have lived here for almost six months...and we are approaching the winter season I am so glad I went with the closed door lockers. However, here are a few things I wish I would have done:
1. drawer for shoes (i know above I said I didn't want an open space but to have some sort enclosed space for shoes is better then nothing...)
2. an extra hook inside (you cant have enough hooks)
3. a larger sitting space
4. long skinny locker for long hanging jackets
5. A super durable flooring (like brick)
6. a drain for wet clothes and boots

So with all that said, I got baskets for the bottom for my shoes which has made ALL the difference with organization AND I put wallpaper in that room to make it kind of POP and add an element of fun because I mean if any room should be fun and playful it should be the mudroom, right?!

I decided to use WALLPOPS peel and stick nuwallpaper and I LOVE it. The best part is when I get sick of it I can just peel it right off! I can't believe what a difference a little element of wallpaper does for a small space like this! I'm kind of obsessed.

Here are a few before and afters...



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...