So with that said, the mudroom was a big thing for me and I had a limited amount of space to work with so I needed to make the best of what I had. Here were a few things I knew I wanted:
1. closed lockers to hide all the "stuff"...I went with the philosophy out of sight out of mind
2. a bench to sit on to put on your shoes
3. three hooks inside (one for bag packs, one for a coat and one for misc. like an umbrella or purse, etc.)
4. open space below
5. four lockers (even number just sit better with me) ha.
now that I have lived here for almost six months...and we are approaching the winter season I am so glad I went with the closed door lockers. However, here are a few things I wish I would have done:
1. drawer for shoes (i know above I said I didn't want an open space but to have some sort enclosed space for shoes is better then nothing...)
2. an extra hook inside (you cant have enough hooks)
3. a larger sitting space
4. long skinny locker for long hanging jackets
5. A super durable flooring (like brick)
6. a drain for wet clothes and boots
So with all that said, I got baskets for the bottom for my shoes which has made ALL the difference with organization AND I put wallpaper in that room to make it kind of POP and add an element of fun because I mean if any room should be fun and playful it should be the mudroom, right?!
I decided to use WALLPOPS peel and stick nuwallpaper and I LOVE it. The best part is when I get sick of it I can just peel it right off! I can't believe what a difference a little element of wallpaper does for a small space like this! I'm kind of obsessed.
Here are a few before and afters...