PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Christmas+Lumberjack+Baby Shower

My friend Emily and I threw a baby shower for our friend Liz who was pregnant with twins! It was the beginning of December, so we decided on doing a baby shower with a Christmas twist (as far as decor goes).

We used a lot of woodsy things, wooden platters, a lot of trees and stumps, birds, deers; and used colors like red, burlap and gold. We served monkey bread, gourmet cheese and crackers, fruit parfaits, french toast with three different syrup flavors (my fave was the butter syrup, obviously!?). I mean, it was better than any brunch you could get anywhere else I'll tell ya that much!

I had a letter framed for Liz that she wrote to her unborn twins sitting next to the entrance for people to read throughout the open house. It was the sweetest thing, telling them what a blessing they are; and the series of events that lead up to them receiving such little miracles. As the guests left, I gave each of them a wooden ornament to hang on their Christmas tree (see post from yesterday for DIY).

One of my favorite things was the sonogram garland I made...just by making copies of all her sonograms and stringing it on a thin ribbon. I hung it on the mantle right by the gifts so everyone could take a peek at the little guys.

The amazing thing about this whole baby shower is that these little twins are miracle babies, and Liz was on bed rest for quite some time. She was always so positive and she had little John and David a few weeks early weighing in at a little over 1 lb. each.

They are all doing so great and I am just so grateful we got to shower her with so much love and cute baby necessities before all the real craziness began!





Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Aarean!!!!! I love love love it!!!! Fabulous job mama! You truly are the best. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute shower! I love the sonogram garland...such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! It was a fun shower to throw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how great is that!! Your combined Christmas+Lumberjack+Baby Shower party must be so interesting and enjoyable as well. Truly that sonogram garland you made is the best decoration item in this party. Great work!! I would like to use this idea in my daughter’s baby shower that I am going to host at her favorite LA venues.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...