PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mama's Banana Bread (a whole lot of yellow!)

Hey friends! So last week I posted on my instagram a photo of some gorgeous brown, mushy, ripe smelling banana peels with the caption "it's banana bread bakin' time"! Someone asked for the recipe and so here I am giving out my mama's recipe (don't worry she doesn't mind...just make sure if you see her to give her a big kiss and thank you for making all your banana bread dreams come true!)

This bread is the best of the best...perhaps it's because I grew up on this stuff but I highly doubt that's the only reason. The key to the recipe is almost melting the butter all the way (about 27 seconds) and creaming the bananas, butter and sugar really well before you add the dry ingredients. The other key is sprinkling the pan with cinnamon and sugar (makes the outside nice and crispy) OH, and for obvious reason don't forget the chocolate chips! I have yet to find someone who would rather have the bread without chocolate.

p.s. it also helps to have a ridiculously adorable, pantless assistant as shown below :-)
 ^^^a first timer egg cracking malfunction...we're workin' on the whole "get it in the bowl" part ^^^
^^^spray the pan with PAM and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar...
it's so YUM and I mean like YUM YUM
 ^^^the longest hour of all time for my best little helper^^^
^^^get it girl^^^
^^^get it get it girl^^^ :-)


MAMA'S BANANA BREAD
1/2 cup butter or shortening (slightly melted)
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
-----cream above ingredients than add-----
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup buttermilk

mix all ingredients together and fold in 1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels than pour in a cinnamon sugar coated bread pan and cook at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Sometimes I have to cook it even longer...just make sure to stick a toothpick in and if it comes out pretty clean with a little dough than you're good! Don't over cook...nobody likes over cooked banana bread (which I totally did the last time I baked this and it was no bueno)

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Butter! I love the idea of coating the pan with cinnamon sugar...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom's banana bread really is the best! I remember you made a loaf for me once and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Yum! And that Sage - what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! What's the measurement for butter in the creaming section? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness im so sorry I forgot that important part it's 1/2 cup! So one cube!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...