PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 10, 2014

Conversation Heart Necklace...cute and edible (best of both worlds)

I had this weird idea of softening up some conversation hearts, poking a hole through the center, and stringing them on fishing wire to make a necklace. So, I tried it...and it TOTALLY worked?!?! It's times like these, when my ideas DON'T go down the pooper as an ultimate failure, that I find myself smiling ear to ear with gloating glee!

Here's the how-to and a few pictures to prove that yes, indeed my three year old and I wore matching edible conversation heart necklaces...beads included! I am so glad that having a toddler totally justifies making things like this...and really she is the whole reason behind these ideas so it's a win win! :-)

DIRECTIONS:
-Line hearts (about 5-7  at a time, because they harden fast and they have to be soft to poke a hole through) on a baking sheet and put in oven for exactly 1 1/2 minutes (no more, no less...) at 400 degrees 
-Right when they come out of the oven, have your needle ready and pull it through the center
-Once they're cool, simply string them on and wear/eat to your hearts content! 
***adding beads just gives it a nice touch!
make sure you don't leave them in longer than 1 1/2 minutes otherwise this happens...
 ^^^it just brought out the kissable, lovable, infatuation they have for one another...
(don't let those faces fool you...this lasted about two secs & then Cozy was trying to eat Sage's neck off)
^^^...but i didn't mind...a kiss for a lick... :-)
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is an adorable idea!!!!

    http://www.somethingmonumental.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We work hard to afford the things that we want for ourselves so we look good in front of other people. When we look good, we feel good. And when we feel good, we work better, we are more productive and we feel more like our own people. Self-made people, that’s what we always aim to be.

    Necklaces

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very enjoyed for this blog. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. I know something information, to know you can click here
    Daily Boutique Deals

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...