PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 19, 2014

the BEST brown sugar pecan coffee cake I ever did have...

I have this box full of breakfast recipes...and I always go for the same ones every.single.time (I've shared two of my all time favorite ones HERE and HERE). 

So this weekend I thought I'd try and make something new. You guys this coffee cake recipe is now, hands down, at the top of my list! It isn't just any old coffee cake...it's a succulent, moist, brown sugar pecan coffee cake (try saying that ten times super fast?!).  I'm not joking when I say I wanted to down the entire thing in one sitting.

Now, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't share this amazingness with all of you...especially on a holiday weekend when you've been gifted an extra day to try it out! I'm just going to say your welcome ahead of time...it really is pretty life changing!

The three main ingredients: Pecans, brown sugar, and well the dough :-)
Brown Sugar Pecan Coffee Cake
streusel: 
1 cup chopped pecans (toasted)
6 TBS unsalted butter, room temp.
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

cake:
1/2 cup butter
2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream

***spray bundt pan and dust with flour. Whisk together streusel and set aside. For cake mix butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla...and on low speed add flour and sour cream. Spread half of the batter in the pan, than half the streusel, and repeat with streusel on top.

Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes

             

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious.

    www.japolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this. NEED.

    Also, excellent foodtography my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely a NEED indeed! :-) And thank ya...the lighting was spot on that morning! :-)

      Delete
  3. Remember, the majority of coffee machines are cheap appliances that are not designed to makehttp://thebestcoffeemakerreview.com/ great coffee and last a long time. So, don't be afraid to spend a little more when buying the best java machine while paying attention to the above points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, pecans! I like my cake and chocolate nutty. And this looks easy to make, so I think I have to try making this one at home. This will be perfect for afternoon delights. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Jason Underwood @ La Patisserie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...