PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 11, 2013

Some pretty great uses for WHITE BREAD

All growing up, my mom always bought white Wonder Bread.

It's funny how something as simple as a piece of white bread can bring back so many fond memories (is that weird?!). Like for example; every day after school, I'd come home and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on it. Or, my sisters and I would play grocery store and we would cut thin slices of white wonder bread and pretend they were french fries. 

I always loved (okay, okay I still do love) slowly eating the crust off, and than roll the white part in little round balls and pop them in my mouth. I especially loved using my moms homemade strawberry jam on a few slices of wonder bread toast...or to dunk in my cheerios.

So now I that I've totally bored you with my nostalgia, there are a few other things you can do with this white slice of heaven :-)... here are SOME OF MY FAVORITE USES:

--use as a sponge to pick up crumbs (I always use my girls crust to pick up the crumbs they left behind)

--put a piece in your brown sugar to keep it fresh and soft 

--sweetens that awful cabbage smell (when steaming a stinky vegetable lay a slice on top of your veggies and put a lid over it, it soaks up the stench!)

--keeps your cookies fresh, just add a slice or two in the container you store your cookies in.

--spread a hefty amount of butter on a slice, and than lather your corn on the cob with it (it's so much easier than using a knife!)

--remove the crust and use a slice to take off scuffs on wallpaper and flat paint (no joke, it totally works!)

--lastly, it makes for a quick and easy snack (especially for the kiddies)


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Such great ideas! I always put a slice in with my cookies.

    http://www.somethingmonumental.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...