PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The caramel color guide...how to get that perfect tint of brown

Tell me, do you prefer chocolate or caramel?

I have to admit, I think I'd take caramel over good ole' chocolate any day of the week. I love it chewy, hard or syrupy (i know that isn't a word but humor me here). Don't get me wrong chocolate is pretty dang good too :-) but there's just something about caramel. 

Every year during the holidays I make home made caramels. The hardest part is trying to figure out just the right time to take it off the stove. If it is to light in color, it'll be sticky. If it's to dark in color, it'll turn into toffee.

So, here is a nice little color guide for all you caramel crazies out there...just in case you decide to whip up your own batch of this delectable stuff!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I made caramel from scratch for the first time last Christmas, and let me tell you, I was freaking out the whole time of when to take it off and add the cream. Luckily, I made two batches that came out good! (for some Whiskey marshmallow, caramel, chocolate bacon bark). But thinking about trying it again still makes me nervous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is PERFECT! My F-I-L loves caramel. I will have to make him some and refer back to this. I've never made caramel cause it seems too easy to ruin! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...