PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 9, 2013

Choosing a grout color...


When we moved into our house...we decided to have the builders put linoleum flooring in all of our bathrooms and laundry room because we wanted to eventually tear it out and design it ourselves. I'm pretty sure we didn't realize just what we were getting ourselves into. However, now that it's all done I can honestly say I'm so glad we did it that way because it saved us a lot of money; and our flooring has our own "vision" built right into it.

This picture above is the tiling in our master bedroom. With a lot of figuring, puzzling and plan changing we finally came out with a design!  We got it all laid out and realized we didn't have enough big tiles, which would've been fine, except the place we bought it at was about two hours from us. Dandy, right?! So we improvised by using the extra penny tiles in the toilet room.

When it came down to the final decision of grout color I was in uncharted territory. I realized that choosing a grout color can effect the ENTIRE feel of your tiling...you can choose something that blends or that contrasts. If you make the wrong choice, well than all you have to do is rip it all out and start over (I wasn't about to even consider that option)...

I found a lot of helpful tips HERE on apartment therapy which pointed me in the right direction. We chose the color platinum (fourth one down from the top) since I wanted it to blend. Now every day when I walk on my floor, it just puts a big ole' smile on my face.



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I've seen that on Pinterest where you use more tiles instead of grout and I LOVE it! It looks so great in your bathroom, and it looks so high end. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totes gorg!! Now when can I come over and see your new place I'm dying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really nice! I like your post...

    Get more information at here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...