Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Coloring Your Luscious Locks
Pros to coloring your hair:
1. Hiding those greys
2. enhances skin tone
3. generally improves your overall look
1. can be pricey and inconvenient
2. the dye fades and starts looking a bit brassy or ashy all to quickly
Now...I am no hair stylist or anything of the sort! But I have found a few ways to prolong the inevitable when it comes to your colored locks. So, I thought I'd share!
1. Biggest culprit is water! Yep, good ole' H2O is the primary reason for your color fading...so don't wash your hair daily. Thats the remedy.
2. When you do wash...use products made for colored hair (I love Redken or Pureology)
3. Don't skip on conditioner (it boosts shine)
There ya have it! Tell me,for those who color their hair, do you have a favorite product or technique to keeping it stay a bit longer and keep it's "freshness"?! Do share!