PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 17, 2012

Fabric Dye (using what's in your kitchen!)

I have these old, drabby kitchen towels that I want to spruce up (after fifty million washes in clorox they start to look a bit worn ya know?!) Plus, it's never a bad thing to add color to your kitchen space! Using natural ingredients is such a fun and cheap way to do this! One of my favorites is the strawberries...your fabric always comes out looking so bright and cheery!
I found THIS great tutorial where she used TURMERIC to dye a hanky--and I loved the color! Next on my TO DO list...spice dye! Oh the things that get me excited ha.
read how to HERE


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I should try it sometime.

    www.sweetteaandpumps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so cool. thanks for sharing. saving for future reference!


    x
    Angie || sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really awesome. Maybe I can do some tie-dye like this. hmmm

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these ideas. The plum and spinach are great colors and would look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent ideas! Does the smell disappear once you wash it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it goes away after a wash or two---some are a little more potent than others but the smell doesn't stay :-) I thought the same thing--who wants to wear something that smells like an onion?!? Ha.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...