PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MORE SHOWER POWER

This last weekend my dear friend Laura threw me the shower of all showers! She is an AMAZINGLY creative individual...(you'll see in the photos just what I mean). When I walked in my jaw dropped...the theme was based around one of my favorite children's books "The Very Hungry Catepillar" by Eric Carle--and let me just say I don't think there was one thing she DIDN'T think of! She (and her handy hubby) even made the wooden stumps and trees themselves! It was all ridiculously adorable! Even when I think about how much time and effort she put into this party, it brings me to tears; and the gals who joined in on the festivities...they just don't get much better. Gosh, it was such a great afternoon--here are a few of pictures I took (it really doesn't give it justice but I tried to get as much as I could...)
The invites:
Everyone wrote a little note to baby girl and pinned it to the tree...
(notice the little apple and pear pins...I know...just kill me now!)
Another game was for everyone to take a leaf and it had questions like 
"what's a baby item Aarean can't live without" or "What are the colors of baby girls nursery?"
Laura had this little Fuji Polaroid camera that I LOVED...
look how cute and tiny the little poloroids are! 
It's like instant gratification...snap it and out it pops :-)
Sometimes saying Thanks just doesn't seem quite enough...
but Laura (and the gals) THANK YOU from the bottom of my bursting heart.
Now all we need is for this little babe to make her debut...
which I have a feeling is coming very soon! (hopefully I didn't just jinx it?!?)

Pin It

23 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Would your friend kill me if I copied this? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh heck no...that's why I posted it...so people could be inspired! :-) I'd want to copy it too! :-)

      Delete
  2. how did your friend get all of those cute prints??? it's the cutest thing i've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! what a clever idea for a baby shower. :) I love the use of all the tree parts - I think it really adds an extra special something to the theme. way to go Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable!!! Every detail is darling.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely deserve it! And Laura should 100% go into party planning! And I approve of that last photo just so you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay seriously? That is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are soooo welcome! I was more than happy to throw a party for one of my favorite people!! Hopefully your sweet little girl will make an appearance soon! So anxious to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, everything is perfection. You are a very lucky gal

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness this is so well done and cute! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was definitely an amazing shower for an amazing lady! And can I just say how grateful I am that I only made it into one picture ;-). Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just made my day. I ADORED this book when I was little, and made my mom read it to me 2+ times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - love it all! This is Pinterest worthy!! Pinning now! So creative:) Happy baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! Such a cute idea. How creative!

    flouncesandhubbub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that was amazing! She did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is the most precious shower! i love the theme. and how incredible that your friends put all of this together :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too freaking cute!! What a talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. one word: wow!

    Once our addition is complete I vow to throw my next preggo friend something half as cool.

    And mad props to whoever was manning the camera - the photos of all the lovely details are just as sweet as the shower's theme.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really this is awesome and all the decoration was perfect.Look at those tree how incredibly they made it.Great.
    Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing such an amazing baby shower, my daughter wants the same theme but I know I cannot make it half as good as yours however any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. May I ask what other foods did you serve and what games did you play? Did the prizes follow the theme? This is a baby shower for.my oldest daughter who was told at a very young age and for many years after that she could not and would not be able to get pregnant.Her sister already has 3 boys and her brother and his girlfriend already have a boy. So my daughter also is having a boy and she wants me to plan the whole party. Since my other children wanted to plan there own showers so this is a first for me. So any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and useful. Again let me say what a wonderful job! Do you have more photo's this is truly amazing baby shower as I would honestly love to see.

    Thank you
    Arleen Smith
    arleenf.smith@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...