PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Egg Ice Gems

When I first thought of this idea, I thought it could either go two ways 1.very good or 2. very bad! I am happy to tell you--the outcome exceeded my expectations (in a good way)!!! These are not hard to make, they just take time because you have to wait for every "layer" to freeze!

I really didn't think they would turn out looking like they did...it was almost like they were little crystal gems! You just have to try this!
You need:
-plastic easter eggs (got mine at wal-mart)
-food dye (to color your water)
-tape
-an egg carton (to hold your eggs in)
-scissors (is used my kitchen ones)
-something that you can pour your water into a small hole with
poke a hole in the tops of your eggs (I did 18 since I had an 18 egg carton), and for some reason my plastic eggs had little holes, so I sealed that up really tight with some packing tape.
   Photobucket
Than, I took four cups and filled them full of water, and added food dye to each...
Next, take a little bit of each color (whichever color you choose) and add a little bit of water to each egg
and of course, leave some room for other layers!
freeze after every layer added. I did three different layers (some I added a tiny layer, others I added a big layer...) After you have frozen your last layer, and they are completely hard as rocks...let them defrost for about 10 minutes and THAN FOR THE BEST PART open them up!!!!
And this is what you will find...a glass gem hidden inside each piece of plastic! I was literally in awe at how beautiful they were!
I almost didn't want them to melt...but when they did it turned the water a bright mix of colors!


Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Wow...this is so artistic and creative! Congrats, they look great! Have a very happy Easter! xoxo

    http://cafesocietyxxi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out amazing! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best ideas! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun and creative. I love it! Super easy too.

    - Sarah
    A Girl In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are seriously really cool. I think this will be an awesome project to do with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can also use kool aide and make popsicles out of them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are amazing, I would love to try this!

    Don't forget to enter The Shabby Apple giveaway on my blog for a chance to enter a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cool. I'm seriously going to make some for Easter!

    Mckae
    Kaescornerdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's really cool. =)


    http://sassychunny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so cute!
    Happy Easter!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. WONDERFUL and very creative :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is SO awesome!!!!!! nice aarean!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow...these are so cool! So glad I found your blog, love it!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder if this would work w/diff colored juices; then you could put them in lemonade or something on Easter day!

    ReplyDelete




  16. If you’re going to strap on the same Replica Rolex every day, it needs to look good with both your Tuesday suit and your Sunday t-shirt, but you don’t want it to be boring. You don’t have to spend five figures to get a great Replica Breitling.The Replica Omega Globemaster ($120) handles all situations effortlessly and is packed with technology like a totally anti-magnetic movement and a more accurate and durable co-axial escapement,you’ll notice the seconds hand seems to tick like on a quartz Rolex Air King, but this Replica IWC is because of a special gear-and-spring system inside that gives it the so-called “deadbeat seconds” for more precise timekeeping.As the brand’s iconic Replica Hermes Handbag individual product, admirable adroitness and absolute kelly 35cm demonstrates what both central and outside. Buy Replica Prada Handbag online.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...