PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 5, 2012

DIY St.Patrick's Day scarf

I loved working on this project; mostly because it only cost me $4.99 (but if you have an old shirt you want to cut up that's even better!) I got this V-neck in the mens department at Target, in a size XL (b/c you want your scarf to have some length to it). Of course, I chose green because of the special leprechaun holiday that's just around the corner...so it not only is a great accessory, but it's also a great way to avoid getting pinched :-)
then tie the open-ended strips into knots on both ends. The strips that are still attached, you can simply tie one knot at the end of one side and cut off the extra...that way every strip has at least one knot!
  Photobucket
you can even vary the "thickness"...

It would be fun to make a few of these in different colors, and than you can take a few from each color and bundle them together to make an ever so colorful accessory!  Kind of like customizing your own scarf :-)


Pin It

27 comments:

  1. love this!!!! perfect for ST. Patty's day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this! I like the fuller option best:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks fun AND festive! Your hair looks amazing in these pics too!

    -Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great and easy idea! def going to try it.
    xx jes
    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lord...u are a genious! It looks super pretty on you! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and telling me about this project - it looks like the perfect gift for my sister!

    Angela
    www.alittle-aboutalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stuff is too cute! I love the content of your blog, so fresh and fun. Will be following you to keep up with all the latest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome...following and pinning:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made one of these before! Such a fun project with girlfriends. And a great way to salvage old tees. :)

    Christina
    http://becauseofmadalene.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea! I have a couple t-shirts in mind all ready!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking scarf and great re purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love this scarf. LOVE the green! Also loving your blog lots of great color inspirations and great photography! Happily following. Feel free to follow me back :)

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow...love! And I'm so excited to start wearing green! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute! I am going to have to try it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really cute and I love that you showed us each step! Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Great idea for a gift:) I appreciate you stopping by and for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is amazing- so cute! thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really cute! i am so glad you commented cause I love your blog!! I just went through like 20 posts haha newest follower! I might need to make this scarf I don't have a lot of green in my closet but I'm sure I can find an old green shirt somewhere.
    Stay crafty x0x0
    Jess
    {www.CraftyNonsenseNoted.com}

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute. But I also love your white tshirt. Where can we get that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at Old Navy of all places... :-) for only 6.99!!!

      Delete
  20. This is so cute and really easy. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm doing a St. Patty's Day roundup on Friday - I'd love to share this post. Let me know if that's okay :)

    Angela @ A little about A LOT
    www.alittle-aboutalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...