PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 1, 2013

The Pecan Pie that has stolen my heart...

Yesterday, I was in search for the perfect dessert to fix for my Halloween feast. I finally decided on Pioneer Womans Pecan Pie (she calls it The Pie That'll Make You Cry) and holy macaroni!

Josh didn't believe I made it...goes to show how much trust he has in my baking skills?! This pie is good my friends, like I wanted to lick the pan clean than make another one, good. I did a few things different to the recipe just because I'm weird like that.

My little twist:
I used 1 1/2 cups pecan chips instead of 1 cup chopped (they're just smaller and easier to chew)
I added a little extra vanilla and brown sugar
I used 3/4 cup corn syrup rather than 1 cup
I cooked it for about 1 hour and 10  minutes
...and lastly, instead of serving it cold I let it sit in the fridge for about six hours and then when I got it out to serve I warmed up the slices in the microwave and added a scoop of icecream (it seemed to be the more popular vote over a cold slice)

SEE THE ORIGINAL RECIPE HERE

Ree, you dog gone done it again. This pie was pretty tear jerking!
 is your mouth watering yet? 



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love that you added the GIFs to the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love pecan pie, yum!! And it sounds even better serving it a la mode.

    xox,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...