PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Utilizing a Log...

Last week was one of my besties birthdays...and she loves all things DIY and "woodsy".  She is actually the one who gave me the idea to make book ends and so I surprised her with some for her special day. But then, when I had a half of a log left over I couldn't throw it away. The wood was too unique. So I drilled some holes (make sure you drill deep enough for pencils to stand upright).

This tiny project made me want my own little wood working shed...to make all my wood working dreams come true. But then I realized how much time it takes and I'm thinkin' this hobby might need to go on the back burner for a while. 

***I got my log at an abandoned field. However you can go to Home Depot or any other similar shop and they'll cut wood for you IF you purchase the wood at that store. Since I had my own wood I had to find a contractor who would cut mine. Dixieline will sometimes cut outsourced wood as well***
                             ^^^ watercolored^^^                                                     ^^^natural state^^^
^^^ This is how you want them to cut the wood...in half and then just a smidgen off the bottom ^^^
and now for the art utensil holder...
I just love all the grooves and colors of this wood. 
After I was done drilling I made sure to dust and sand off any excess pieces...


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is ready -

    Plus, earning money online using it is as simple as 1...2...3!

    Here's how it all works...

    STEP 1. Choose affiliate products the system will advertise
    STEP 2. Add some PUSH button traffic (it takes JUST 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. Watch the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products all on it's own!

    Are you ready to start making money??

    Click here to launch the system

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...