PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

after the rain...

I feel like there are so many things in this world...where words just can't do them justice. My family is one of those things. Lately, many of my close friends and loved ones are going through difficult times. One friend in particular was expressing her frustrations to me, through her tears and sorrow she asked me, "what do you do when you feel like there is nothing you can do? I feel like there is so much weight on my shoulders and it's just sinking me deeper and deeper into the sand."

This question hasn't left my thoughts since last week. I can't even remember my response but it was something along the lines of turning to prayer and to hope...knowing that it'll get better. It always gets better.

I haven't posted since the new year has been upon us...the big 2015! And so like many of you, I have set a resolution which is to always look up. My life has taken some unexpected turns within the last couple months. It is a good thing. However, me and my little family are having to make some changes (for the better...Oh, I hope it is for the better);  but change is always difficult.

My sister sent me this video she put together of some footage she took of me and my girlies. It had been raining for two days straight, and the clouds had dispersed, and the air was as clear as could be. We went for a drive and I let them breathe it all in. It was glorious. It's good to soak in moments like these. They are far too fleating.


"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."  ---Rabindranath Tagore


Thank you Paigey for capturing this. It's a treasure. xoxoxo

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. One of my very favorite quotes by Jeffrey R. Holland,

    "If the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and be strong, trusting in happier days ahead."

    Read/Watch the whole talk here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/like-a-broken-vessel?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...