PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference and Colorful Swirled Pancakes

The first weekend in April, and the first weekend in October is always a special one for me. It is Conference weekend...and I'm always a bit sad when it's over. It is a time when we can watch on television and listen to the Prophet speak to us, as well as the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I am always so overwhelmed, after watching Conference, with the feelings of gratitude for this life I have here on Earth. As hard as it can be, there are always things to be thankful for. I know that the reason for my gratitude stems from the things I know to be true...and because of that knowledge I can have a clear understanding of why we are here on Earth and what we were sent here for.

With that said, weekends like these always include a special breakfast...So my partner in crime helped me make swirls of color in our cornmeal yogurt pancakes. I'm pretty sure we go through food dye around here like nobodies business... :-)




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I never comment on here, but for whatever reason, I was drawn to today. I used to read a lot of blogs and they slowly deteriorated due to being overly-sponsored, and having overly-saturated/photoshopped pics. I give credit where credit is due. Your blog seems sweet and genuine. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! thank you so much for your comment, it honestly meant so much and reminded me why I love sharing the things I love most with those who read...whoever those people may be. Which leads to also saying thank you for commenting. I always wonder who is reading and I appreciate your comment more than you know. Thanks for making me smile today!

      Delete
  2. How fun! I'm trying to get two little ones interested in cooking/trying new foods. Thanks for this!

    http://www.somethingmonumental.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...