PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Yellow Sunflower Petals & Bunny Ears...

Last night we had some friends over for dinner and Sage requested cupcakes for dessert. So as I was making them (I used this red velvet cup cake mix which is SO good) I glanced at my vase of semi wilting sunflowers and had an idea. I decided to use it's petals for bunny ears...and sprinkles for the bunny face. Sage couldn't quite get the face/sprinkle part BUT she totally loved the petal part :-).

***on a side note: You know those people who can frost a cupcake so effortlessly and it looks flawless. Yeah, that's NOT me. I've come to terms with the fact that I just can't frost a cupcake beautifully. Ugh, but hey they tasted good and that's what REALLY matters, right?!

Oh and the cream cheese frosting I used is one of my faves:
1 8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup butter softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 TBS milk
^^^see what I mean?! How do you graceful frosters do it?! :-)
^^^I've created a monster...she was at my feet the entire time while making these :-/
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...