PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 25, 2013

The MOST Amazing Pancakes...

Happy Monday and Happy Thankgiving week! I figured since we will be eating ourselves silly over the next few days I'd share one of my FAVORITE (and by favorite I mean, it's the only batter we ever make anymore) pancake recipe.

Now, don't be freaked out by the secret ingredient...which happens to be one of my favorite things to eat (I feel like I say that a lot?!) but seriously, I love cottage cheese. I go through a tub of it every two weeks or so.

With that said, you cannot even taste that there's cottage cheese in these at all. So when my kids and husband ask for seconds I am secretly beaming inside!

So, I'm thinkin' you should make these for your Thankgiving visitors and family. They'll love you forever (not that they don't already, but  ya know what I mean)

look at those cheese chunks...oh yum!
COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES:
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
***whisk together then add...***
1 cup milk
1 cup cottage cheese
3 TBS. melted butter
2 large egg yolks (save the whites in separate bowl)
1 tsp. vanilla
***MIX thoroughly***
whisk together the saved egg whites and fold in. 





Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of putting cottage cheese in the batter, but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, I am totally making them tomorrow morning:) I love cottage cheese as well. YUM! happy Thanksgiving. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...