PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

City of Water...


Are you sick of hearing about my trip to Italy yet? I hope not because I still have so many photos to share! For those who have gone to Venice, I have a question for you...did you like it? So many people told us if there was one place to take out (if needs be) that it should be Venice. Gosh, am I glad I didn't listen to them! Not the it's the cleanest city out there, or the least "touristy" one either...but I mean what other city has the Grand Canal and St. Mark's Square? Or streets of water with hundreds of gondolas (eventhough the gondola may or may not have almost scared this baby right out of me...I am slightly afraid of water and I honestly thought we were going to flip one to many times--a few yelps later the gondola guy said "don't worry I promise it wont tip!" embarrassing, um maybe a little!?!? ) Venice was like no other place I had ever been, and it really did fascinate me that people actually LIVED there.

Some of my favorite things about Venice: My first real gelato, the gondola ride (it was a must for Josh and I'm glad I gave in--okay crazy fact...did you know gondolas cost around 50-75K!!!) I loved our bathroom in the hotel (random but it's true), the entire thing was marble! Of course St.Marks square is amazing, and all of the hundreds of little bridges strategically placed everywhere...and I LOVED the glass blowing shops--Venice is where that all originated from. It really is one remarkable city! Not sure we will ever go back, but I am glad we at least went once in our lifetime :-).
This was a restaurant that a "local" told us about. So if you're ever in the area, this is THE place to dine! :-)
This was the entrance of our hotel...I had to snap a shot

Pin It

17 comments:

  1. WOW! You're photos are all so beautiful! Looks like a lovely trip! You two look so very very happy!!

    xo Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! I LOVED Venice when I went years ago! So romantic. We took a gondola ride at night, brought red wine and made our gondola driver sing to us! You took such BEAUTIFUL pictures. Thank you for sharing. Looks like you had a wonderful time, and NO I am not sick of hearing about your Italy trip. I could look at pictures of Italy all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is one thing I will never tire of, it's photos of European vacays so keep 'em coming! I haven't been to Europe since I spent a semester there in 2007 so I am seriously living vicariously through you!! I didn't make it to Venice but did have one of the best weekends of my life in Florence...obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Venice... so much better than Rome, in my opinion. No cars, less rush and better shops! My favorite part of visiting Venice was eating a quiet dinner by the canal and watching the colorful lights flicker off the water. It's such a pity this gorgeous city is sinking. :(

    Christina
    http://www.becauseofmadalene.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a gondola ride!!!!! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Venice is on my list of places to go! We definitely want to do the more romantic things in the city but is there things to see for a man's man who might not want to spend hours in museums or churches???

    Evani
    http://www.simplyevani.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous images. And I could never every tire of hearing about Italy...so share away! :) Can't wait to go back someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Venice is definitely worth it, especially during the Biennale. I wish I could go back next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED Venice. I can't believe people told you to take it out.

    Such a great picture of you and Josh in front of the bridge on the gondola.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you find the art in everything! Such a talented lady, and by the way...you two are annoyingly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sick of these post.. I love them! I'm a little jealous that you got to go on such an amazing vacation. Love all the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos!!

    I was in Venice a couple of weeks ago. ...with a toddler. :) So, no gondola ride this time. But, I'd been there before and I always liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in a city next to Venice....you captured the real essence of the city!!!!!!
    Nice nice photos!!!
    Have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How amazing it looks....I'm so very jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite city! I have been three times and I still don't get sick of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looVEd your blog, and all your colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...