PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sensuous Greens

I am obsessed with the magazine House Beautiful--I become crazy giddy as I slowly sift through its perfectly presented pages (I know...it's a little over the edge but I'm just being honest). I gasp in awe at what these designers come up with; and dream of the day that I can just maybe have a little corner in my home that looks as perfectly put together...or maybe two corners :-) ?!? When I came upon this spread "Sensuous Greens" by: Christine Pittel I had to take a picture and post about it!

I suddenly went from an "anti-green-paint-picker-outer" to "lets paint every room in my home green!" It's amazing to me how there are hundreds of shades to every color. One persons green is never the same as another persons; and it can reflect so many different feelings and emotions. Some shades are very calming, and others are very drastic and spicy. I love it, I do! 

Which one is your favorite? Would you go green in your home?
Paint colors from top to bottom: 
C2 PAINT MARGARITA
PRATT & LAMBERT HAZE GREEN
BEHR OLIVINE
BENJAMIN MOORE GLOUCESTER SAGE
VALSPAR PINE FOREST
BENJAMIN MOORE CHAMELEON
SHERWIN-WILLIAMS SPINACH WHITE
BENJAMIN MOORE CAPRI SEAS
BENJAMIN MOORE PEALE GREEN
RALPH LAUREN DEEP POOL
***Here is where you can subscribe to House Beautiful--everyone deserves a little indulgence once in a while :-)

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. i love these colors! they're wonderful! great post!

    drop by allister bee soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all of these but i think my favorite green is that benjamin moor's capri seas. looks so tropical and calm all at the same time.
    xx jes

    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH I love that one too Jes...very good choice!!!! Plus I love that name of it ha

      Delete
  3. I love the pine forest and capri seas.
    Not sure if I could paint a whole wall green but def would use it as an accent colour.
    We inherited a bight yellow hall / staircase and I hated it to start with but it is definitely growing on me now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are BEAUTIFUL.

    And for me just seeing that little bit of the color, and the name, gives a lot of scope for the imagination :) Can't even pick a favorite, they're all lovely. Whats funny is, just in the last couple of weeks I've been changing my anti-green ways too!

    I would definitely paint one or more rooms green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've definitely been known to paint rooms "preppy lime green" -- it's so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I am obsessed with green. I have something green in every room in my house!! Love all these shades!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love green! Our living room is painted in about the same color as BEHR OLIVINE. Its so easy to put any other color you want with it. We have red, purple, orange, and teal accents in the same room with it and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Capri Seas one. How gorgeous would a living room or bathroom be in that color?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd totally do the Chameleon in my house if I didn't already have a green kitchen!! I LOOOVEE my green kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these! And just so you know, your blog has become my favorite. I love, love, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those dark greens are so amazing. i want to paint everything green now too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dark greens! UM I LOVE YOUR BLOG. So different and refreshing. Definitely following.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our master is painted a color very similar to the Benjamin Moore Chameleon and our furniture is black. Cream, black, grey as accent colors in the room...we love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely adore this. These different shades of green are lovely and so are the little stories with them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...